Rose Garden Way Rebuild
This family lost their home to a fire in 2016 and were referred to us by a former client. They decided to maintain the original footprint of the home and redesign the Colonial style by adding a porch to the front. The garage now connects to the home with a new mudroom where the original laundry hook ups were stored, and the second story extends above and over the garage to create a large laundry room to include ample linen storage and a crafting area. Additionally, this family decided to modernize the home by creating a more open flow in the living areas, so we reduced the number of interior walls to create an open concept floor plan. Changes to the exterior elevation allowed us to add architectural details with the addition of columns to support the new covered porch, handsome trim and window corbels, plus an etched glass entry door and fresh landscaping. All cabinetry in this home was built by craftsmen Paul Harmon and Jason Airing.
We at Harmon Builders believe in:
- using local mills with indigenous woods (oak, maple, hickory, cherry, walnut)
- using recycled materials whenever possible
- supporting local schools and community
- educating clients in ‘green’ resources available
- supplying local materials cultivated in our area and around the Mid-Atlantic.