Mt. Olivet Bungalow and Addition
The owners hired us to design and build an addition off the back of their bungalow–a family room with half bath on the main floor, a basement level bedroom room below, and a backyard deck. We hand detailed trim carpentry to precisely match beadboard wainscoting from the kitchen into the addition. In a second project, we replaced original windows with energy efficient historic reproductions, added supporting columns to the front porch to recreate the original aesthetic of the front porch, and hung a solid wood door appropriate to the style. The homeowners selected a trio of paint colors from Farrow & Ball at Patrick Street Interiors in Frederick, MD from a historically accurate color palate, incorporating the cinnamon color accent of the replacement window casings. Our painter refreshed all exterior trim work and siding on the home. The rich color stands distinctly along the street, enhanced by new copper gutters, downspouts, and rain barrels that we added as part of this project.
We at Harmon Builders believe in:
- using local mills with indigenous woods (oak, maple, hickory, cherry, walnut)
- using recycled materials whenever possible
- supporting local schools and community
- educating clients in ‘green’ resources available
- supplying local materials cultivated in our area and around the Mid-Atlantic.