Harper’s Ferry Bath and Cabinetry
This bathroom’s functional demands as the sole full bath for a family of three are met with a rustic elegance suiting this 1790s historical home. The owner selected handmade tile laid in a herringbone pattern from Fire Clay Tile for their custom spa shower. The ceiling height linen closet and vanity are hand crafted from rare wormy chestnut. The vanity with two large undermount sinks is topped with white Carrara marble to complement the hexagonal tile on the floor and in niches. The marble element is repeated on the shower bench. Our craftsmen lined the walls with hand hewn tongue and groove white shiplap boards. Our foreman and craftsman, Jason Airing, reclaimed a vintage chestnut door with hardware to hang as a barn door style entry. All cabinetry and trim in this bathroom was built by craftsmen Paul Harmon and Jason Airing.
In an earlier project at this home we also helped to design and build a new brick fireplace in the kitchen to authentically match to the historic period of the home.
We at Harmon Builders believe in:
- using local mills with indigenous woods (oak, maple, hickory, cherry, walnut)
- using recycled materials whenever possible
- supporting local schools and community
- educating clients in ‘green’ resources available
- supplying local materials cultivated in our area and around the Mid-Atlantic.